Thursday, February 17, 2011

Procrastination? Yes Please.

Fancy hot chocolate from a cafe :)
After almost 5 straight hours of homework/ cleaning, I've decided it's music time. I've finally started to go through my iPod for the first time in almost 2 years, deleting/ renaming/ sorting the ton of music I have. I've also discovered that I either listen to the same like 20 songs over and over till I get bored of them, or put my entire iPod (which has over 6,000 songs) on shuffle and let it go crazy. This week it seems to be the latter of the two options and I'm loving it. Older songs that I haven't heard in years and obscure Indie songs keep playing and it's amazing. I need to do this more often.

The other night, my roommates Kelly, Michelle, and I had an amazing 90's music jam. We literally just sat on Michelle's bed, talked about our childhoods and all the music we listened to growing up. Like anyone remember the I'm Blue song? 'Cuz I do. And Spice Girls, NSYNC, 98 degrees, Barenaked Ladies, O-Town, The Graduation Song by Vitamin C? Ugh, why can't that music come back! Between the 3 of us, we decided that Boy Bands need to come back because their songs were about more than sex, drugs, and rock & roll. Plus we were all in love with at least one of them. Lance Bass- you broke my preteen heart when you came out as gay. Just sayin'

I went shopping with my friend Korali yesterday! We walked around Galway and found this awesome vintage store and a "hippie" (her words, not mine) store that I loved! The more I walk around Galway the more I fall in love with it. There is so much here that I never would find in the States. We wandered into the Galway cathedral, and it totally took my breath away. I have a strange obsession with architecture and this place was amazing. The stained glass and paintings were so so so beautiful. I fully plan on going back many a time :)

The fog from my apartment window!
I've also decided to get my cartilage on my left ear pierced (sorry Mom!). Korali and I had a long chat with the parlor about a lot of different things. I never thought I could have such an awesome conversation with a tattoo artist/piercer! She was such a cool person. Another random thought: it gets SO foggy here! I was walking to class today across the bridge and I could barely see 10 feet in front of me. Keep in mind this was at 1 p.m.....
     
Now that I've successfully procrastinated for a while, I feel like I should get back to work...but I really don't want to do. There's only so much psychological  research and profiles you can do without starting to analyze your sanity.
No joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment